Friday, January 30, 2009

Who Will Answer the Call?

Feeling drained this weather, I'm getting wiped out during the day for some reason! Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the work, I don't know. 

Thomas and I met this morning to write. Went well. He had an idea to rewrite Puca as a short animated piece. Distilling the essence down from 16 minutes as it stood to 5 minutes, as per the requirements of the Irish Film Boards Frameworks application. 

We managed to do it and got a 4 page script entitled 'No Man's Land'. 

Unfortunately as the day wore on it began to sit uneasy with me. I kept going back to the original script and thought about all the amazing scenes we crafted that we would be loosing and it just felt too much of a compromise for me. So I'm pulling out of it. 

I wish Thomas all the best and I have no doubt if it goes ahead it will be a great short. But I just love the original too much!

Went to Dublin today. Renewed my membership at Filmbase and entered three scripts into their Awards scheme, the original Puca, Slán agus Beannacht and Adam. So hopefully one of them will lure  some interest.

I've been thinking a lot about another project too, I wont say which, but trying to get it going this year, perhaps shooting in August. I don't know if it's possible, but there's no harm in trying I guess. I just need the right people behind it. Fit, willing, able bodied young soldiers willing to do battle for me. Who will answer the call!

That's all for now. Nothing else to report. twittering like a mad thing! I'm addicted, you should sign up and follow! It's a whole new side you've never seen.

No comments: