Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rehearsals: Day 2

Today was a good day. A very good day. Those hiccups I mentioned, we got them solved. Starting with a very welcome phone call from Steve Gunn last night to say he'd mentioned the part to a friend of his, Patrick O'Donnell. He sent me a link to his reel, I was about 30 seconds of it a breathed a huge sigh of relief! My thumb lit across the blackberry qwerty keyboard and the deal was sealed! Patrick was in.


I got to together first thing with Michael and Steve. We hit their scenes together and tried to find the right balance between the two brothers in the opening scene. It went well. We didn't have enough time at it, so hopefully we can back to it, and their relationship during the week.

Everyone joined us, Maryann (my wife) came along to take info on costumes before going off to look for them. We got word then that Patrick was going to be able to join us for a reading. So we hung out a little bit, though I should curb the hanging out, we've only three days left and still a lot to go through! But the reading was great, Patrick brought a whole new take on Tone that changed it completely from how Keith was playing it, which I think is what it needed. I couldn't match what Keith was doing, and I didn't want to try, so I'm glad Patrick took it his own way, we can move ahead now.

What was nice too was that he knew most everyone, and had worked with almost everyone there. I was hoping for that, I think that relaxed atmosphere of friends and colleagues who now each other, like each other and thrive off each other makes for a good working atmosphere and allows us to bipass the getting-to-know-you stage. We can get stuck right it with a talented acting troupe.

Something else that worked out, my previous insurers, the one's I used on Emily's Song and Slán agus Beannacht got back to me, turns out they didn't go out of business but were just bought by another firm. So that is finally sorted - HURRAY!!! That's a load off my mind.

So yeah, it was a good day! And I'm looking forward to getting stuck in again tomorrow.

Meantime, seems we're making Headlines - Page one of IFTN today:

No comments: