Monday, April 02, 2007

Quiet start to the week...

Not much news to report about any projects. It's been a quiet start to the week. We did get accepted into the San Diego International Children's Film Festival (Did I mention that before?) But it's good. Thomas and I also booked our flights to Oberhausen, so we'll attending the festival in May. There are two other Irish shorts in competition, "Farewell Packets of Ten" by Ken Wardop and "Metomorphisis" by Clare Langan, both exceptional filmmakers. So we're in good company and looking forward to it.
We've made a few steps toward going to Cannes this year, nothing definate yet, I'll keep you posted. Would be nice and good opportunity to meet some folks and see if we can't get some interest in our feature script.
Thomas and I attended Darren Thornton's wrap party on Saturday night for his new short film "Freddie". Ivan McCullough, who shot our film, was DOP. They shot for a week in Drogheda and Dundalk. So I wish him all the best in post. Looking forward to seeing it.
I think while it's quiet I'm going to get some writing done. I want to make some changes to Nevermore. I also came up with a new idea last night while dozing off. I think it could make a good mini series. It's called "Insomnia" and at the moment and that's all I will tell you. It came to me in that moment when I was just about to fall asleep, in that perfectly warm, comfortable, blissful state and this idea came fluttering into my mind like a butterfly landing on my forearm. My first reaction was to brush it away, then I watched it for a bit, pondered and decided to let it rest there for a while. But then it started to tickle me and I just had to turn the light on and write it down... the idea, not the butterfly, there was no butterfly.
But it's good, I like it, got me excited and of course my brain started firing off so it took me another hour to get back to sleep. Still, it was worth it, so often I've ignored the impulse to write an idea down so late at night thinking that of course I'm going to remember it and of course I don't! Good lesson, always write down your ideas, no matter what, like butterflies they do have a tendancy to float away if you don't pin them down.
OK, enough about insomniac winged insects. Time to get some work done. Hopefully there will be more interesting news here shortly. We're waiting for a lot of news to come in regarding Emily's Song and The Race. So check back soon, more news coming.
Also, check out this blog blogofkells.blogger.com I went college with a few of these guys and they're doing some great stuff down in kilkenny on a new feature film called "Brendan", the stuff looks amazing, I'm really looking forward to it.
OK Bye. More soon.

No comments: