Monday, March 04, 2013

US Premiere of Derelict!

Tomorrow night my film Derelict has it's US Premiere at the Chicago Irish Film Festival. I wish I could be there, but alas, I can't. I was in Indianapolis last week however, or the week before I should say, it's  a bit of a blur, everyone in my house has been sick with flu since I got home, so my welcome home has been a bit of a disaster! Anyway - I was able to stop of in Chicago on the way through and say hello to Jude Blackburn, who runs the event. A lovely lady indeed! We couldn't be in the better hands. I'm thrilled to be part of the festival!

I'd get into detail about my trip, but right now, I'm exhausted! It's late and I've had a hell of a week! I will mention before I go to bed however, that the work on 'Joe & Sarah' continues, the short I'm working on with Ablevision Ireland. As mentioned, I was sick last week, so missed the auditions, but managed to see taped footage. All very could! I have a tough decision to make. I'm also going to hold an open casting for local actor to play the other roles.

That'll be next week, this week I decide who's going to play the lead characters, then we rehearse and then we shoot. There be a film in the can in four weeks time. Looking forward to it.

OK, bed, sorry for the crap blog post! Especially to mark the US premiere of my first feature! But I need sleep Zzzzz zzzz z

No comments: