Thursday, August 26, 2010

Precious Little Things

Some wonderful news, 140 has been officially selected to screen as part of this years Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles! I'm very excited and honoured. I was really hoping for this one. it looks like a great festival and I really wanted an LA screening of the film, as so many of the participants are from there. So I guess this is the official LA Premiere!

I have a another festival lined up for October, but I can't announce that yet. So the fest run has well and truly begun, PHEW! I was hoping it would next month, and so it has. I've entered quite a few, so hopefully a few more will pick it up.

Ghoster news: Not much happening I'm afraid. I put an open call for crew on filmmakersnetwork.ie, but got no response, disappointing, I was hoping some friends or passed colleagues would answer the call, but it was not to be. I think it's a hard sell asking people to give up so much time and energy when there's no money in place, just the promise of money... I've always said you can't pay the rent on promises. So I get that. I think I need a different tac. Not sure what, I suppose money would help! But where's that going to come from. I guess I'm creatively minded, so time to get creative!

I haven't started back on the script yet. I've been thinking a lot about it though. Making sure I'm ready and know exactly what I want to do with it. I'm playing with the idea of a couple of different angles, changing the lead to another character and seeing how that plays in my mind. I want to be sure I'm right before I write.

So everything's still up in the air at the moment. Nothing concrete. No crew. No cast. No money. But where there's a will there's a way. If you will it, it is no dream. Throw your heart in front of you, and let you head catch up... and all that stuff! I think any film that was ever made, especially independent films, was willed into existence be sheer force of determination. Nothing tangible at the start, just an idea and we all know what precious little things they are!

That's all for now. More news soon. Couple of new projects to talk about, including a completed short waiting in the wings. But more on all that later.

No comments: