Sunday, March 08, 2009

De-cluttering.

A day of listening to podcasts, Creative Screenwriting and The Treatment, and reorganising and cleaning my office! It's amazing how much stuff one person can accumulate in one place! Filled an entire wheely bin with junk and I'm still finding it hard to find a place for what's left! Where was it all to begin with? Well, I know where, all over the floor and stacked high on and under my two desks!

I do feel bad throwing stuff away, I think of as an archive - to what? I'm not sure, my career, which has really begun yet, and even if it does take off, who's going to want to see fifty out of date posters to a fundraising event, or obscure photocopies of film notes I've never read, or stacks and stacks of outdated funding application forms?! It all must go, lest my office floor give way and I end up in the room below leaving an even larger mess on my hands.

This is something I often do to clear my mind I guess, a physical enactment of a mental process. With Slán agus Beannacht drawing ever closer it's time to focus and I find decluttering gets me in the right frame of mind to do that. Even though I started at 4pm today, it's now 12:30am!Some might say that time might be better spent storyboarding or something. But tomorrow I'll find a cleaner, more spacious environment to work in and I think it will be conducive to clearer thought and productivity on a busy time ahead.

Anyway, better get back to it! Half my stuff is in the bedroom and Maryann wants to go to bed!

No comments: